Things have certainly changed since I was a teenager. If I received affirmation from my parents, it would face to face. Maybe you had parents that would leave you a quick note to tell you they loved or appreciated you. We are in the age of texting now- and a new way to tell your teen that you are crazy about them!
I saw this blog from Mark Merrill called "10 Texts To Send Your Teen In The Next 10 Days" . It has some great ideas for encouraging texts to send your teenager. Here are some suggestions-
- It’s a great honor to be your mom/dad.
- Watching you today at your ______________ (recital, practice, game) gave me a lot of joy!
- I was just thinking about your amazing gifts today. You are _________ (so creative/so good with people/so good at helping others who are going through a tough time).
- I hope you know that I’m always here for you.
- The way you stand up for what is right is such an inspiration to me.
- I apologize for what I said to you the other day. I was wrong. Will you please forgive me?
- I know things didn’t turn out as you expected today. But you gave it your best. Way to go!
- I was looking at some pictures on my phone of you today. It made me think how blessed I am to be your mom/dad.
- I’m proud of you…always!
- Want to go get ice cream together tonight?
These may be icebreakers to allow your teen to begin to open up to you. They may be experiencing tough times at school or with friends, and a simple loving text from you may change their mood. I love this idea! Do you have any other sugguested texts to lift up your teenager? Share them below!
More Recent Posts