Bethany was initially founded in 1915, when a group of Methodists in the Grove Park section of Atlanta decided to form a new congregation for Methodists living in the area. In the 1960s, Bethany moved to our current location at the crossroads of Hicks and Hurt in Smyrna, Georgia. From the beginning, Bethany members have been led to share the love of Jesus Christ and to serve God and the community as faithful Christians. As we approach our 99th year, we still stand for these core values.
Our Mission is “To Reach Out, Make, and Nurture Disciples For Jesus Christ.”