- Berean Bible Baptist Church
3515 Butner Road
Atlanta, GA 30331
- Click Here to Visit Website
1.First, the primary principle that guides our body is in that we possess the belief and consequent recognition in our behavior that the Bible is the inspired and holy Word of God, we endeavor to proclaim and practice those beliefs and behavior that find their point of origin in the Scriptures. Thus, the proclamation of the Word of God is primary here in that, the New Testament church is to be a Bible believing and teaching church (2 Tim. 4:1-5).
2.The second guiding principle that stands at the essence of who we are is the importance of the salvation of the lost at home and abroad through missions. BBBC believes that the church has been commanded by God to proclaim and live the gospel and bring people to the point of receiving Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, so they can be baptized and taught Jesus' way of life (Mt. 28:16-20). This is God's Great Commission to His earthly body.
3. The third principle grows out of the first two and indicates what we here at BBBC believe our response to the proclaimed Word is to be. We believe and endeavor to personally appropriate the truths of God's Word in our individual lives, the lives of our families, and in our life within our corporate body, our local church (1 Cor. 10:11). Once preached, the Word must be personally applied and lived out.
4. The fourth principle builds upon the third. This personal application must lead to a maintenance of personal and corporate holiness, the fourth guiding principle (1 Pet. 2:11-12).
5. The final principle is the development of brotherly kindness, oneness and ministry within the body from the body. We are committed to growing together as a body into the full image of Jesus Christ, our Lord (Eph. 4:1-16).