I’m just a south-Georgia boy who was raised on a farm. With 3 brothers and a sister, I was the only left-handed member of my family, I was the only one with curly hair, and I was the only one that wanted out of the country.
The United States Navy gave me the out and sent me to 23 countries in just 3 years. My responsibilities thrust me into top-secret operations and experiences that I can never share. But once I returned to civilian life, I knew I could never settle into a trade or profession that didn’t challenge me.
I found my way to radio and have enjoyed this profession for more than 25 years. My journey has included morning show host and management of a small AM station in Macon, Georgia, weekend host and regional sales director in Columbus, Georgia for 93.3 FM, account executive and eventually sales manager in Atlanta for 93.3 FM.
I left radio in 1999 and began a new business as a contractor. The real estate fall of 2007 ended the success of my business and I found myself back in radio as sales manager for a 3-station group in west Georgia.
In 2010, I was provided the opportunity to return to 93.3 The JOY FM which was under new ownership and converting to a non-profit outreach. By far, this is the best business model I’ve ever experienced. Being a part of a radio signal which covers more than 30 counties and touches hundreds of thousands of lives each week gives a deeper resolve when I help our sponsors.
My primary purpose is to find and help businesses and some non-profit organizations serving Metro-Atlanta to build an effective partnership with our listeners. My marketing approach helps our sponsors be growth-focused without being so overtly commercialized. I help to share the “why” of a business - why do they exist?
- Radio Marketing Master – The AdVisory Group
- Diamond Certified Radio Marketing Consultant – Radio Advertising Bureau
- Certified Digital Marketing Consultant – Radio Advertising Bureau
- Certified Radio Sales Manager – Radio Advertising Bureau
Membership and Community Involvement:
- Former Patient Advisory Council at Piedmont Hospital
- Chairman Ambassadors - Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Smyrna Business Association
- Fayette County Chamber of Commerce
- Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Paulding County Chamber of Commerce
- Douglas County Chamber of Commerce