You may already know that The JOY FM is a leading radio station across Atlanta's West and South Metro areas, but we are so much more than that! First and foremost, we are here to deepen faith in Christ, enrich family life, and expand friendships across our listening area.
WHO WE ARE
The JOY FM is an Adult Contemporary Christian radio station that serves Atlanta's South Metro Area and has listeners in the nearby metro areas of Columbus and Macon as well as much of West Georgia and East Central Alabama. The station is owned and operated by Radio Training Network. Our mission is to extend the reach of Christian community, by affirming that which is positive in our culture, and penetrating our world as salt and light with the life transforming Gospel of Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and only authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles; His vicarious and atoning death through the shed blood, His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those that are saved to the resurrection of life with God and those that are lost to the resurrection of separation from God.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- In the Biblical understanding of marriage, the family, and human sexuality.
- In a Biblical world view that requires all activities and resources of this ministry to be consistent with this Biblical world view and the Christian mission that it commands.
HOW WE GOT HERE
In 1981, Atlanta businessman Bill Watkins and his wife Joyce created Provident Broadcasting Company and later purchased WVFJ-FM, the station which is now The JOY FM. WVFJ-FM went on the air as a Christian music station in May of 1982. On March 1, 2011, Radio Training Network, a not-for-profit organization, purchased the then J93.3 from the Watkins Family. RTN was founded by Jim and Ruth Campbell in 1989.
THE REST OF OUR FAMILY
In addition to Provident Broadcasting Company, Mr. Watkins provided the initial funding for Radio Training Network. Starting with two stations, WLFJ-FM in Greenville, SC and WJIS-FM in Sarasota, FL, RTN's family of Christian music radio stations has grown to more than 20 stations broadcasting across the Carolina's, Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, and Florida. All of these stations seek to reach the communities they serve with the powerful, life-changing message of Jesus Christ.