Voters will have the opportunity on November 6th to cast their votes in Georgia's general election. Voting is an important civic duty and one that we should all take very seriously.
How to register:
Registration to vote in this year's general election commenced October 9th. However, you can register online at the Georgia Secretary of State’s website, (Elections/register_to_vote) or through your county registrar’s office to vote in future elections. You must have a valid driver’s license or ID card issued by the Georgia Department of Driver Services with a signature on file with the DDS. You are not considered officially registered to vote until your application is approved. Approval can take two to four weeks.
You can find upcoming election dates and deadlines here.
To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 ½ years of age to register and 18 years to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Acceptable forms of identification:
- A valid state or federal government issued photo ID. This includes a free voter ID card issued by your county’s registrar’s office or the Georgia DDS.
- An expired Georgia driver’s license is accepted.
- A valid employee ID from any branch, department, agency or entity of the U.S. government, the State of Georgia, etc.
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
- Any voter in Georgia can request a mail-in ballot. You can fill out an application to request an official mail-in ballot through your county registrar’s office. Ballots must be received no later than the close of the polls on Election Day.
- Poll workers are trained to provide assistance for persons with disabilities.
- Early or advance voting gives Georgians the option to vote before Election Day without having to provide a reason. Contact your county voter registration office for details.
- You can find your polling place and other important voter information at http://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/
NOTE- The JOY FM does not endorse any websites listed on this page. The information contained on this site is intended for informational purposes only.