The JOY FM and RUSH Ministries are teaming up for a week of mission work in Jamaica.
Dates- June 5th-12th
Cost- $1,500 per person (includes airfare, transportation, hotel, all meals)
Some helpful tips-
- Passport is a must!
- Find ways to raise the funds- Mail at least 40 letters to potential supporters (family, friends, business owners, etc.) Make sure to enclose a self-addressed envelope with your letter. Your sponsors will use these envelopes to mail their donations. Also, you will want to sign your name on every copy of your letter. It is best that you do not hand out letters in church…mail them, unless you hand deliver to a home or place of business.
- Yard sales, doughnut sales, t-shirt sales or a car wash is a great way to raise some of your funds.
- You may choose to pay your own way. All donations are tax-deductible. Please send all donations to RUSH Missions, PO Box 703, Thomaston, GA 30286. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THE JOY FM- all payments must be sent to RUSH MINISTRIES.Enclose the checks with an explanation of how you would like to designate the funds. Include your name, date of trip, and the name of the person donating funds. Please include the sponsor's address so our accountant will send your sponsor a tax letter. NOTE: Please keep a good record of all monies received before sending the money to RUSH Missions.
- Be on the “look-out” for Bibles, toiletries, hard candy, bubbles, Frisbees, soccer balls, basketballs, and other small toys to give to children while in Jamaica.
- Application, background check, and a $250 deposit are due NO LATER THAN February 15th. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THE JOY FM- all payments must be sent to RUSH MINISTRIES.
- Everyone will need 2 large pull behind suitcases. You will need one suitcase for your personal items and one suitcase for mission supplies. These supplies will consist of items you've collected and items you’ve had donated. Each suitcase will need to meet the allowable weight of 50lbs per bag.
- Make sure to fill out all Liability release forms for your church as well as RUSH Ministries. (This applies to all who travel, I.e., adults, students, and leaders).
- Begin a daily prayer routine for this mission and for your personal effectiveness in Jamaica.
Contact Rob Langer (email@example.com) or RUSH Ministries (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information