Highlights from Wednesday, Feb 17, 2010
February 17, 2010
Highlights from Wednesday, 2.17.10
Today was the first day in 40 Days of Water. We were pathetic. Truly. But with friends' help, some timely distractions and a pinch of delirium, we made it through. So, let's start with the delirium:
- Listen to the saga of the oatmeal, the spoon, the passenger and the decided blonde.
- This caller got a kick out of the story.
Next, a little help from a friend: Mark Schultz had to provide his own entertainment when he called us today.
- Hear about Mark's tree-killing, snow-shoveling-on-the-roof adventure!
- Come see Mark live in concert THIS WEEK!
Then, a distraction you really need to see for yourself. We made a little video in celebration of TobyMac's visit here and the song "Funky Jesus Music" from his new CD, Tonight.
And finally, Carmen provided distractions in the form of snacks, including Starbucks' Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans. Why?
- Because we're doing 40 Days of Water starting today.
- Read Carmen's blog post about it.
- Get involved with Blood:Water Mission's 40 Days.
- The "40 Days" part happens to be Lent. Read this good article Bill found.
- Check this out: Burger Kings are soon going to be offering Starbucks!