Highlights from Friday, Feb 12, 2010
February 12, 2010
Highlights from Friday, 2.12.10
Two of the three hosts on The Morning Cruise don't think Valentine's Day is worth the fuss. Bill, however, made enough fuss for the whole crew:
- What 's the most romantic dinner-spot in Tampa? (Bill asks Carmen.)
- What does Dave think the most romantic spot in his three city experience? (Does this really qualify? Because "mugging" doesn't usually = "romance.")
- On a more serious note, Bill talks about the secret of doing love well in a broken and fallen world.
- Check out this resource from Focus on the Family about keeping marriage romance alive.
Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. What's wrong with that? Bill wants to know:
- Hear our discussion of the Top 3 CCM Love Songs.
- We played the following (click song names to hear Rhapsody versions):
- "Closer," by Jars of Clay.
- See the "Closer" live-in-studio video!
- "Walking Her Home," by Mark Schultz
- It was a tie for first-place: "I Will Be Here," by Steven Curtis Chapman
- Hear the comments we made about the song.
- And "If You Could See What I See," by Geoff Moore
More songs were mentioned or suggested, including the following: "When Did You Fall in Love With Me?" by Chris Rice, "When God Made You," Newsong with Natalie Grant, and "Love is Not a Fight," by John Waller. Oh, and we played one more an argued about another:
- "Safe to Land" by Jars of Clay - get the whole CD.
- "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath - get the whole CD (click the pic).
P.S. The LOVE SONG you should hear from Brandon is "London." Oh, and don't forget "Let's Make it Last."