Highlights from Tuesday, Feb 09, 2010
February 09, 2010
Highlights from 2.8.10
Very dangerous stuff, that tobyMac music. Today was release day for TONIGHT, the CD that has already given us "City On Our Knees." Of course, Carmen wanted you to sample some more tracks, which "some of us" couldn't handle.
- And that's why we needed to duct tape Bill to his chair. Listen.
- Oh-my-word. You gotta see this video.
- Carmen needed... NEEDED to play the "hidden track" on the new CD (we're sure toby and his record label appreciate this).
- Bill (of all people) tried to resist.
- Hear how her need unfolded into a full-blown conspiracy.
- So, we played it...
- And they LOVED it, as we tried to report -- even thought Carmen lost her words! (Wish we could post it - you'll have to buy the CD)
- Get info on tobyMac TONIGHT by clicking here.
The controversy over the Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad continued, in that it really wasn't at all controversial!
- Hear Dave and Carmen tell why they thought it could have done more.
- These callers added their perspective.
- Read the USA Today article on the impact of the ad for Focus on the Family!
Note: We agree that the ad was a marketing success! We just all thought the emotional content was a bit weak. Thanks for all the e-mails!
A strong finish? Hear how we wrapped the show today!