Highlights from Friday, Oct 30, 2009
Before we get to the poems, since today was the day before Halloween, we wanted to talk about the discomfort many Christians feel over this holiday.
- Hear the discussion.
- Learn about the book, Redeeming Halloween.
- Read this blog entry on the juxtaposition of Halloween with All Saints Day and how that relates to the Reformation and the gospel!
- The best thing about this time of year may be CANDY CORN! You either love it or hate it, according to Dave.
Okay, Tarina Tarantino earrings inspired Carmen toward poetry this morning. She wanted listeners to write a poem and e-mail it for a chance to win a pair of earrings.
- Check out Classic Poetry Aloud (Bill's favorite!)
- Carmen reads some qualifiers.
- A teacher helps with "iambic pentameter."
- Bill adds his perfectly constructed (emotionally void) poem.
- Dave's wife chimes in with a diddy of her own.
- Bill's wife calls in to react to his poem.
- Carmen reads the winners.
- Dave gives a rendition of an "honorable mention" in his own way.
- Bill wants another shot at helping people appreciate REAL poetry: Check out Classic Poetry Aloud (Bill's favorite!)
It's been a P90X week here too! Carmen (who teased Bill about his soreness earlier), was not exactly limber this morning! Hear why Dave and Bill got a kick out of watching her hobble around!